Saturday, September 18, 2004

It's done!

My afghan is finished! It really went by amazingly quickly. I guess size 35 needles are good for something, although I do still feel like I'm knitting with turkey basters when I use them. I would have finished it more quickly, but I was too exhausted from starting my new job this week to work on it at all until last night. My new job is also the reason that I haven't posted in so freakin' long. And now, I don't even think I like my new job, but that's another story...
Anyway, here is a picture of the afghan:



I also broke down and started my Rosy sweater before I finished the afghan. Basically, I have been so stressed and depressed about how my job is turning out that I felt like I needed to do some comfort knitting (meaning knitting that I have been really looking forward to doing, whereas the afghan had become kind of a chore toward the end). So on Tuesday night, I cast on. I don't have any pics of it yet, but I am pretty happy with it so far. I think that the finished product will live up to my high expectations.

No comments: