Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What I've been doing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No, I haven't been winding yarn into balls for the last six months, while I wasn't posting to my blog. I have been doing a lot of it lately, since the husband got me a ball winder for Valentine's Day. Maybe I can make my stash look somewhat presentable for the upcoming Flash Your Stash.

What I've really been doing that has kept me away from my blog is this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you may remember, from my sporadic posts, the husband and I were building a house, and we're finally done! Well, not entirely done, but we've moved in, and we're finishing up little things here and there. To see some more recent pictures, click here, and if you want a look at the whole thing from the beginning, click here.

Now that things have settled down on the house-building front, I have actually been getting some knitting done. When we were unpacking some of our possessions (we're not quite done with that yet), I discovered a half-finished Broadripple sock. Amazingly, none of the stitches had fallen off of the needles, and I actually remembered where I was in the pattern. So, I finished that sock, and now I am more than halfway done with its mate.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Also, I have finally jumped on the Clapotis bandwagon. I am making mine out of bamboo yarn from Discontinued Name Brand Yarn. So far, I am enjoying the pattern - I can't wait until I get to start dropping stitches!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now that life is getting back to normal, I hope to resume many of my usual activities that got put on hold for a while, including posting to my blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bamboo yarn is an eco textile material. It is green, Natural anti-bacterial,Breathable and Cool. Bambrotex is the largest bamboo fiber and bamboo yarn manufacturer. More bamboo knowledge, pls check the website: www.bambrotex.com

Zonda said...

Awesome looking house there!! No wonder you two were busy!! Glad to hear that your socks handled the move fine! :)