Thursday, April 27, 2006

A new experience

On Tuesday night, I did something that I've never done before - I went to a book signing. Debbie Stoller actually included Lincoln on her Happy Hooker book tour, and completely by accident, I managed to find out about the event before it happened. So I am now the proud owner of The Happy Hooker,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and as you can see, it is signed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Although I was never really drawn to either of the Stich 'N' Bitch knitting books, I do really like this book. Maybe it's because I'm such a newbie crocheter, but there are several patterns in the book that I can't wait to make. In fact, I already started working on the Fat Bottom Bag:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I have had to repeatedly talk myself out of running out to buy yarn for several more projects. (Going to school + building house = no money...)

1 comment:

raquel sim said...

Hi! I love that bag too! I've ordered the book because I also would like to make one for myself. They told me at the store it'll take around 2 months to be available! Can you believe it?! Don't forget to post a picture of your purse when it's done, ok?