Friday, March 31, 2006

Stash-flashing

Well, it's that time of year again...the second annual Flash Your Stash is upon us, and I am dutifully flashing my stash. I am a little bit early, I know, since it's not quite April 1st yet, but I have time to post now, so I'm going to go ahead and do it.

I know that my stash is pretty small compared to some people's stashes (I keep pointing this out to my husband), and I was successfully on a yarn diet for eight months out of the past year, so my stash may very well be even smaller than it was last year. (Check out last year's post if you want to compare.) But I am going to flash it anyway, so here it is:

I keep the bulk of my stash in a Rubbermaid container under my bed:

Image hosting by Photobucket

And here are interior shots of the contents. My one attempt at organization was to divide my stash into acrylics on one side...

Image hosting by Photobucket

and my "nice" yarns on the other.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The remainder of my stash is scattered throughout the apartment as part of various works in progress. Here is my double-knit hat yarn...

Image hosting by Photobucket

my stripey scarf yarn...

Image hosting by Photobucket

and my Tartan Jacket yarn (I'm embarrassed to admit that this project is at exactly the same status as it was at this time last year).

Image hosting by Photobucket

There is also a small portion of my stash that is consumed in projects-to-be-frogged:

Image hosting by Photobucket

(In case you can't tell, that picture is of a hat and a pile of sweater pieces.)

And last, but definitely not least, I proudly present the newest addition to my stash, the kid mohair from my swap with Holly, which arrived in the mail yesterday, just in time to be included in the stash-flashing.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Well, I think I'll go see if there are any other early flashers out there!

7 comments:

cpurl17 said...

A lovely stash...and I love how there are little extras scattered about the house!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flash, I aspire to a smaller stash next year.

Wendy DG said...

I really like the black and gray HIP (hat in progress).

Carolyn said...

Nice stash!

chacha / Jen said...

I also have my acrylics sequestered away from the "nice" yarns. :)

amylovie said...

You have the perfect size of stash. Totally manageable.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm sorry if this is totally off the topic. I've been searching for info on teaching crochet and I did a search on crochet lessons in Lincoln, NE. I also live in Lincoln, NE. One of you blogs said that you took lessons at "LYS" and I'm afraid that isn't ringing any bells in my head. Could you email me back if you could help me? I'd aprreciate it.

Thank you,
Aja
homemommy8@aol.com