Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A new arrival

I'm so excited! Since my yarn ban was only for the month of August, on September 1, I ordered some Schachenmayr Aurora from Elann, and it arrived today. It is sort of an olive green color (I think it is called Pine), as you can see:



I am going to use it to make the "Rosy" sweater from the Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora Collection. I have had the book for several months now, and I have been drooling over this sweater, but I have not been willing to shell out the money required to purchase the actual Cotton Angora, and so I have been searching for an acceptable substitute that is more in my price range. I think this will do nicely. It is sort of a ribbon yarn, as you might be able to see in this close-up:



Now the question is, can I make myself hold off on starting the sweater until I have finished the afghan? I am almost done with the afghan, although I will not make the deadline of finishing it before I move to Chicago. I should definitely be able to finish it next week, though, assuming that adjusting to my new job and the commute does not wear me out too much to knit!

No comments: