Thursday, January 06, 2005

Don't worry, I'm here!

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I just somehow never got around to posting while I was in Chicago for the holidays. This couldn't be helped while we were at my inlaws' house, as they don't have a computer, and I guess I was just being lazy when I was at my parents house. Anyway, the holidays were good, and I have another knitting-related present to show off:





Tada! It's my very own Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set. My parents gave it to me on December 23, and I am already using the needles for three separate projects. I also gave myself a belated Christmas present:



It's Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, to use for Candy. This purchase was the result of a completely unexpected trip to a yarn shop with my mom (long story). I was planning to make Candy somewhere down the road, but I couldn't resist buying the yarn. And it turned out to be a good thing, because I ran out of yarn for the hat I had brought along for my vacation project, so thanks to this yarn and my new Denise needles, I was able to cast on for Candy. I actually am almost done with the waist band already, but I didn't take any pictures of it yet.
What I do have a picture of is my Tartan Jacket. Since my yarn was here in Nebraska, and I did not get back until the 2nd, I missed the official start date, but I cast on Monday afternoon, and I am almost up to the armhole shaping on the back. I had to rip out a few times due to my own incompetence in understanding the intarsia directions, but my sanity was saved by how quickly the knitting goes by on size 13 needles. Anyway, here is the picture:



I'm going to take a break from it tonight and work on the watch cap I am making for my dad for his birthday. His birthday is on the 19th, and somehow on New Year's Day, I found myself telling him that I could make a cap in Chicago Cubs colors for him by then. Nothing like knitting with a deadline!

No comments: