Thursday, February 10, 2005

Aaargh!

Since it was 10 degrees outside this morning, before heading to work, I put on my usual bundling-up apparel, including the Broad Street Mittens that I made last winter. When I got outside, I noticed that my right thumb felt a little chilly. When I investigated the situation, I discovered this:



Yes, horrendous photo quality aside, it is a HOLE in my mitten! I am still trying to figure out if it is due to gradual wear and tear, or if I unknowingly snagged it on something. As far as I know, the mitten was intact when I wore it when I went to the gym at 9:00 last night. Hmmm... Well, I suppose the important thing is not how it happened, but the fact that now I have to fix it. Those mittens are just about my favorite things I ever knit, too. Sigh...

1 comment:

emily said...

Hi Emily! I finally got started on the tartan jacket after messing around with swatches for way longer than I had to. Did you figure out any way to keep all the intarsia balls from rolling around and getting tangled? The yarn is way too fat to use with my little intarsia bobbin thingies.