Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Oh baby!

Apparently, I have officially moved on to the next phase of my life as a knitter - knitting for babies. It seems like everyone I know is having a baby. Well, not everyone, but my cousin and his wife should be having theirs any day now, my older sister is due in June, and I just recently found out that two of my close friends (one from high school and one from college) are both going to have babies in August! I am actually pretty excited about the opportunity to knit for little ones. Baby items are so cute, and the projects go by so quickly. I have started working on the first of many baby projects, a pair of socks for my cousin's baby. (I figured I'd start with something quick, since the baby is due this month). Here is my progress so far:



This is also my first ever attempt at knitting two socks at the same time on two circular needles. Since I am pretty comfortable with double pointed needles, it never really seemed necessary to try this before, but the thought of working both socks at once really appealed to me. It took me a little bit to get the hang of it, but I have to say that overall, I am pleased with the technique. Up to this point, I have been very stuck in my ways when it comes to knitting socks (top-down, with dpns), but I will definitely try this again. One of these days, I will be adventurous enough to try toe-up socks, too.

2 comments:

goblinbox said...

You might wanna join the Bootie Along since everyone you know is ptreggers!

goblinbox said...

Er, "preggers."