Sunday, March 13, 2005

Two hats in as many days plus one

The title of this post is a reference to my younger sister, who will try to use the phrase "in as many days" as often as she can, even if she has to resort to addition or subtraction to make it work. I dug out some Wool-Ease Chunky from my stash, and it was just enough to make up two hats in three evenings' worth of knitting. They are both patterns from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits, and they worked up very quickly.



I did this because I was suddenly uninterested in all of my current projects, and because I wanted to make something to donate to one of the charities for the Peace is Patriotic knitalong. I am thinking I will either donate them to Afghans for Afghans (now that I know that they take other items besides afghans) or to an organization that will distribute them to homeless veterans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I think these hats would be perfect for Afghans for Afghans. They prefer items made with wool.