Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Instant gratification

I didn't have any major project that I was really excited to start after I finished the camisole, and I needed a break from the afghan because the size 35 needles were making my wrists hurt, so I decided that I needed to take a break and do a quick little project. I had some leftover Magic Stripes sock yarn and Fun Fur in my stash, so I gave into temptation and made the condom cozy from the summer issue of Knitty. I will probably end up using it for a change purse instead of for its intended purpose, but it was a fun and easy one-evening project. Here is the finished product:



Then, after trying the finished cozy on my cell phone and finding out it was almost the right size, I decided to knit myself a cell phone case out of some more leftover Magic Stripes. I used the condom cozy pattern as a guide, but I made it slightly longer, added a flap at the top with a button closure, knit it in the round, used a 3-needle bind-off at the bottom, and added an I-cord strap. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Here is a shot of it against the ever-popular shag carpeting background:



And here's me (well, my arm, anyway) modeling the I-cord wrist strap:



Now, back to the afghan!

No comments: