Monday, August 23, 2004

Woo hoo!

I have good news...I got a new job! I've been pretty happy at my current job, but it's only part-time, and therefore, I'm not bringing in the money that I would like to be. My new job is at a place called The HistoryMakers, which is an oral history archive for African American history. I will be indexing oral history videos so that they can be put into a searchable internet database. I will start on September 13, and I'm very excited. Besides finally having a full-time job in my field, I will get to move back to Chicago, where the rest of my family lives. The one downside is that my husband will be staying here until he finds a job in Chicago, so we will have to be apart for a little while, but hopefully not for too long.
In knitting news, my camisole is finished. Well, it's mostly finished. I still need to thread ribbon through the eyelet trim and straps, but I haven't found time to go out and buy ribbon yet. But here is what it looks like so far:



I also have been making progress on the afghan for my inlaws. Since I don't think I mentioned it before, the pattern I'm using is the free pattern for the Quick-Knit Throw on the Lion Brand website. Here it is:



Once again, Franklin had to sneak into the photo!

No comments: