Monday, November 22, 2004

Fairway Fair Isles pictures

I have made considerable progress on the golf club covers for my husband, mostly because I have thrown caution to the wind and decided that it's okay if I work on them in front of him, since I have next to no knitting time away from him now that I don't knit at work due to a shorter lunch hour. I actually have made more progress than these pictures show, as I have finished two of the covers and just barely started the third one.
Here is the first one completed:



Here is a close-up of the colorwork:



And here is the second one in progress, although like I said, it is completed now:



I think that for my second ever attempt at fair isle, I did not do too badly, although I still need to work on not pulling the yarn so tightly when I carry the colors along. You can probably tell this by the fact that the fair isle sections of the covers are slightly skinnier than the rest of them.

No comments: