Thursday, November 18, 2004

Knitting Meetup

Well, I know I haven't posted in a while, and I don't have any new pictures to share, but I did want to share my excitement that the Lincoln Knitting Meetup is finally up and running. After a series of false starts due to lack of interest, we have had three meetings now (two of which I have attended). The most recent was last night, and it was a really great experience. There were seven of us there - our largest crowd yet. I got to see two socks being worked on two circular needles, something that I had heard about but never seen. I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept, but now that I have seen it done in person, I am at least open to the idea that it could be easier than using double pointed needles (although I have never had any particular problem with dpns), and I think I will at least look into trying it. I also got to see the Denise Interchangeable Needle Set in person for the first time (thanks to the same woman), and I am glad that I decided to ask for a set for Christmas.
I also got some positive feedback on my own knitting. Everyone oohed and ahhed over the colorwork on my one completed Fairway Fair Isle golf club cover (which I will post a picture of soon, I promise), and when we got into a discussion about Knitty patterns, I pulled out the Broad Street Mittens that I made last winter, and they all liked those too. When some of them said that they didn't think they would be able to do anything like either of these projects, I responded with my philosophy that nothing that I've encountered in knitting has been as hard as it seemed initially, and that if I just take the time to figure things out, I can usually do any pattern that I've attempted. I think my determination is at least partially due to the fact that I taught myself to knit from a book with no one to show me how to do it, and it took me a while to get the hang of it, but I did it, and so now I figure that if I take enough time, I can figure out just about anything.

1 comment:

Boca Raton Fan Repairs said...

Thanks great post