Monday, May 02, 2005

Ouch!

My body is very sore right now. I ran the Lincoln Half Marathon yesterday morning. You may wonder why I have not mentioned that I was going to do this. Basically, I did not train for it nearly as well as I should have (I started training about 4 weeks ago, which is about 8 weeks later than I probably should have started), and even up to the night before, I was not sure that I was going to actually run the race, and I didn't want to look like a fool if I ended up not doing it or starting and not finishing. But not only did I run it and finish it, but I ran it 8 minutes faster than my one previous half marathon. I finished in 1 hour and 44 minutes, and I finished 30th out of the 230 women in my age group. So I am pretty proud of myself. My husband also ran (it was his first half marathon) and he finished in 1 hour and 39 minutes, so I am proud of him, too!

No comments: