Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Start-itis!

Yesterday, while waiting for my poncho to block, I developed a terrible case of start-itis and cast on for not one, but two new projects! Instead of working on the sweater I started over the weekend, I cast on for another poncho (of the two rectangles variety) and for a French Market Bag. At least I am using stash yarn for both of them. Then, toward the end of the day, I was inspired to knit golf club covers for my husband for Christmas, but I am going to make myself finish one of my current projects before I start those.
Well, I kept forgetting to ask my husband to take pictures of me in my recently finished projects, so I finally broke down and took some pictures myself, with the help of the timer on my camera. Here, finally, is Rosy:



And here are some shots of the Falling Leaves Poncho, which I fringed this morning. First a front view (which includes Franklin peeking around my shoulder, as he had to see what the beeping noise in the kitchen was all about):



And here is a side view, to give you a better view of the leaf pattern:



I know the dark brown color does not make it very easy to see the pattern, but hopefully you can at least get an idea of what it looks like.

No comments: