Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Welcome to the future site of the Tartan Jacket Knitalong

As I posted on the Knitty message boards last night, I have officially decided to host a knitalong for the Tartan Jacket (from the fall issue of Interweave Knits. Here is the picture from Interweave's website, in case anyone is wondering what I am talking about:



Since most people who expressed interest are too swamped with projects to start now, the official start date is January 1. I'll post about this again in December, when everything is more finalized, but I am very excited about my first time hosting a knitalong, so I decided I had to share.
But enough about future knitting. As far as my current knitting goes, I finished the Falling Leaves Poncho yesterday. It still needs to be blocked and fringed, but here it is pre-blocking:



I will get a picture of Rosy up here soon, I promise, but I keep forgetting to ask my photographer (aka husband) to take a picture of me in it, which will be much more interesting to look at than a picture of it laying on my shag carpeting.

In the meantime, I have begun a stash-busting project, the Straight Neck Pullover from the Winter 02/03 issue of Interweave Knits. (It is originally from the book Hollywood Knits, by Suss Cousins, but it was featured in the magazine). I had a few different colors of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease laying around, so here is the beginning of my striped concoction:



I have to say, I'm loving size 13 needles lately. They allowed me to finish the poncho in about 5 days, and I have made it up to the armholes on the sweater in just 2 days.

No comments: